Monday, July 03, 2006

Catching Up Now...

Julia shares the same unlikely itinerary - one that starts in Prestwick, a town that only Ryanair could consider near Glasgow, and ends in the shadow of an ultimately-elusive hostel. We are late but Barcelona waits for us.

Lucy and Andy take me everywhere in Barcelona that you can drink, and one place that you can´t drink if you are wearing shorts.

The Sagrada Familia is a disappointment. I´ll wait until it is finished before I make another visit.

Unsolicited, Europe grants me a first-class send off.

In recognition of Victoria Beckham, midwifes refer to someone who selects a caesarean section as "too posh to push".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve, it's me--Julia!! I just tracked you down, all McGyver-like, because I have some pics to send you and foolishly lost your email address. Can you email me your address if you still have mine? I am home now and back to the real world, which, I can assure you, SUCKS. Well, I guess its okay, but its not nearly as much fun as following the day out there in the wild. All the best to you for a phenomenal rest of your trip.

Wed Jul 05, 10:53:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah--the reason we couldn't find that f'ing hostel? Because the street is behind a LOCKED GATE. As in, you CANNOT GET IN AT NIGHT. Yeah, that's right. I am not making this up and I have pics to prove it.

Wed Jul 05, 10:56:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home