Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Alice Springs

Alice Springs is where you wait for your transport to somewhere else. I have three days before my flight to Perth.

Most of our group checks into the same hostel. In the evening, the resident drinker emerges and schools Achim and Kevin in rapid succession. The nightlife proves to be better than I expected. That night, Achim passes out by the pool and wakes up covered by a blanket but without his shoes.

I try to see what sights exist - the Todd River seems a bit oversold - but televised cricket and beer garden capture most of the time.

Two gap-year kids in my dorm show me their recent video that demonstrates how remarkably soundly our still-snoring roommate sleeps.

My flight to Perth stops in at the Uluru airport, where Internet access costs eighteen dollars an hour.

Three crooked hearts. Swirls all around.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you believe a girlfriend of mine from the UK lived there for three months? A guy we had met in NZ last year was stunned when she had mentioned she had lived there for that long. Apparently, there is truly not much there. Glad to hear things became more lively for you soon after!

Annalise

Wed Jan 18, 09:35:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home