Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Canberra

I am currently in Canberra, having handed my passport over at the Chinese consulate. The Chinese embassy is an impressive building indeed. A picture is here - thanks Ian Lloyd, whoever you are! The office that processes visa applications is around the side. I didn’t know this at first and buzzed at the main gate. No answer. How rude.

Note that Canada’s embassy looks like the sort of place that you go to renew your driver’s license.

I can pick up my visa in five days. I found a web site that ranks the top attractions in Canberra. It includes a fitness center (#6), a paintball outfit (#15), and a quilting exhibition (#21).

Five days.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take it there are no NBA Jam machines in Canberra either? Double damn. Well, it sounds like you are left with nothing to do, but sit and wait..and wait. Five days does sound like a long time to spend at a quilting exhibition. How about working on that tan?

Annalise

Thu Dec 08, 04:20:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I assume the top 5 are sheep-related, and therefore not appropriate for posting.

Fri Dec 09, 11:33:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might wanna use the time to slow the growth of the inevitable spare travel tire.

Fri Dec 09, 11:56:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home